There is a wide variety of choices when it comes to cooking appliances, few come to the toaster oven and convection oven for versatility and enjoyment of the great meal. Here in this article, we explained crealy about Convection Oven Vs Toaster Oven.
Convection Oven vs Toaster Oven
Convection oven or fan assisted oven is similar but still, they are different from the toaster oven. Toaster ovens are small ovens and have some options like defrosting. They use fast warming heating elements usually located on top and bottom that will warm up the air and then use the oven for boiling, roasting, and baking. They are fast in use and practical, so you can prepare all kinds of food in them, and cleaning is also very easy.
What is a Convection Toaster Oven?
A convection toaster oven is a typical oven with an inbuilt fan. Convection toaster oven uses 3 heat sources to cook food with baking settings. A convection fan forces the warmed air from heating elements to circulate inside the toaster oven which increases the temperature of the toaster oven but keeps it accurate and consistent, removes the moisture and encourages browning, cook’s food more evenly and faster. The three main sources of convection toaster oven are
- Radiant heat emits directly from the metal walls and heating elements
- Warm air within toaster oven that surrounds the food which is supercharged by a fan
- Conduction from baking to inside item
Can you toast in a Convection Oven?
The convection oven is the finest way to toast the bread slices. It is efficient in using much heat; prepare food in less amount of time, if possible the boiler that uses less energy by shifting the food toast nearer to the heat source.
Difference between a convection oven and toaster oven
Before moving to the comparison of these two wonderful kitchen gadgets, let us know some basics about them.
Generally, a toaster oven is a tiny oven and performs like a conservative oven. It can be get fixed on the kitchen countertop because of its small size. In reality, it is a good substitution for the full-size conservative oven. A toaster oven bakes the food items based on the heating rudiments situated at the top and base of the interior. When you power on this unit, the heating elements of this machine will generate high heat to gradually cook the foodstuff from external to internal layers.
A convection oven comprises a bit added characteristic when assessed with a toaster oven. That extra added feature is a fan. The purpose of the fan is to waft the air into the unit for the heat to move. The procedure of cooking will be faster with the hot circulation inside the oven. It even helps the food to be cooked consistently as the hot marks are abolished.
Main differences between Convection and Toaster Oven
Now let us know the actual difference between a convection oven and a toaster oven.
A toaster oven represents a countertop model. Its size is small and many of these ovens are designed to hold as a minimum of 4 to 6 bread slices. Some ovens are still smaller in size that has the capacity to hold only 2 slices like the MaxiMatic oven. They are indented particularly for toasting the bread. So the ovens dimension is directly proportional to its toasting efficiency. This is due to the space between heating constituent and bread on the frame.
In contrast, the convection ovens are big in dimension. Though there are few options in countertop models that you go with a large and inbuilt single or dual wall oven. This is helpful to prepare bigger meals for get-togethers or family gatherings.
A toaster oven cooks the food slowly when compared to a convection oven. As the convection oven includes a fan for the hot air to circulate, the cooking process tends to be faster. You need to adjust the temperature based on the status of the recipe cooked, if not the food will be finished up with scalded.
The time needed to cook and at what temperature to hack down is based on the recipe type you intended to cook. Various models comprise of different settings. It is better to take a test to acquire the finest results.
To have roast and crust while cooking the meat, then it is better to prefer the convection oven. The fan also aids with an additional raise for the foods like pastries and pies.
But every food doesn’t need the usage of convection fan. If you want to get much damp in the food with the heat then it is suggested to use a toaster oven. Some kind of cakes comes out to be better when baked in the toaster oven so as to avoid the crusty layer.
A convection oven is very expensive compared with the best toaster oven. The convection ovens size is much larger and cost varies from $1000 to $2000. Even when you deal with countertop oven with the same dimensions, a convection oven will be much costly to take into consideration because of its extra fan feature.
Maintenance and safety
Whether it is a toaster oven or convection oven, the first thing you need to do is let them cool down. Most of them are made with a non-stick material so do not use harsh cleaners and brushes or sponges that may damage the surface or coating.
If the oven contains the tray then you should regularly clean it. Regular cleaning will help the oven too long last.
You have to give your attention to the temperature with which you are cooking the food since it differs from one oven to another oven. There is a fast heating source in the oven with which the oven works.
The functioning of a convection oven is little different as the hot air circulates in the oven, you need to set 25 degrees temperature less than trained, and cooking time needed for the meal is below ¼ mentioned in the recipe. But always it may not be the same statistics; it all based on what the food item you are cooking.
These ovens have different energy consumption depending on how food is cooked. A toaster oven takes a bit extra time to get heat, so they require more power compared to the convection oven. Sometimes we need to cook the meal for more time, even for that roaster oven uses more energy.
On the other hand, convection oven cooks the food faster because of hot air circulation. So the time you need to cook the food completely is lesser than a toaster oven. So it consumes less energy.
Advantages of the convection toaster oven
- Cook the food evenly: and there is a fan inside the oven which makes the circulation of hot air in the oven, so in the whole process there is consistent temperature. So when preparing the pie in convection oven you don’t need to worry and it still stays cold in the meanwhile when the timer is off.
- Time for cooking is shorter: In a convection oven, the inbuilt fan makes it probable to cook the foodstuff at low down temperatures. Generally, you have to cook the food at 350 degrees but coming to a convection oven the food can be cooked at 300 degrees. Even the fan aids to cook the foodstuff in a quicker time than a traditional oven.
- You can prepare more than one dish at once: if you are willing to prepare some full-size meal, then in convection toaster you can cook more than one dish. But, in this way, things may get tough and complicated. If you place two or more dishes in the oven then inside the oven temperature will eventually drop down. This makes one dish cook faster than others, and the other dishes won’t cook well. When you place too many food items at a time in a convection oven, then the oven considers these foodstuffs as an only item. So it is better to pile the dishes one after the other such that food will be cooked at an accurate temperature.
- You can keep the dishes anywhere: In a conventional oven, you need to place the food on the stand that is close to the top and bottom of the oven then only the food will be cooked. Whereas in a convection oven, you can put the food plate wherever you desire and the food won’t get burned and the food is cooked evenly at the correct temperature.
If you have any doubts or for more information on Convection Oven Vs Toaster Oven, you can visit our bestsmalltoasteroven.com site anytime.